We think everyone is capable of more. JSCM Group will help every employee personally grow beyond their current station by investing in their educational, personal, and financial development. We want every employee to go beyond and exceed their own expectations.
Managed Security Engineer and Technical Trainer
JSCM Group is a network security firm based in Charlotte, NC. We provide a variety of security-focused services to our clients, including internal security assessments, security training, network assessments, penetrations tests and phishing tests. We also provide security-focused managed services, such as email protection, data backups, firewall management and spam filtering.
This position would be responsible for working directly with clients related to their managed service needs. These services may include, but are not limited to, firewall management, email protection and log monitoring. Since JSCM Group is a Network Security firm, even managed services are approached with security principles in mind. Attention to detail is vital, as many managed service issues can go unnoticed if attention is not dedicated to the issue. Customer service skills should also be a high priority for all possible candidates, as communication with our clients is key to ensuring their services are handled in the best possible way.
This position will also be responsible for acting as a technical trainer for JSCM Group in various capacities and classes centered around firewalls and end-user training. This position would be trained on how to teach the courseware, and would eventually be responsible for teaching all Charlotte-based classes.
Continued employment by JSCM Group is contingent on passing certification requirements within the first four months after hire. Some travel may be required, as client demand is assessed.
- Provide phone, email and in-person support to clients in regards to their managed service needs.
- Answer questions for clients about their managed services. Follow-through to ensure responses are complete, and that they fully satisfy the needs of the client.
- Perform recurring tasks to ensure managed services are functioning correctly. Tasks may include:
- Firewall Policy Reviews
- Firewall Firmware Updates
- Data Backup Testing
- Weekly and Monthly Firewall Health Checks
- Weekly and Monthly Email Security Health Checks
- Work with clients to develop goals to maintain a high level of security in their own networks as they pertain to their managed services. These functions may include:
- Recommendations on Secure Firewall Policies
- Recommendations on Secure Email Behavior
- Correcting of Issues Identified by Log Monitoring
- Collaborate with clients to accomplish both short and long term goals in regards to managed service implementation.
- Open support cases with various managed service vendors if higher tier support is required, and work cases through to resolution.
- Act as trainer for all Charlotte-based training classes
- Conduct security research to stay up-to-date on security threats.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule for after-hours emergency support.
- Travel to client sites as needs arise.
- Passing of WatchGuard firewall certification within first 60 days of employment
- Passing of Security+ certification within first 120 days of employment
- Completion of requirements to become a Certified WatchGuard Trainer
- Daily Requirements for Tracking of Time for Billing Purposes
- Background working in Information Technology
- Network Security Knowledge and Experience
- Firewall Management and Troubleshooting Experience
- Prior Managed Service Experience
- Technical Training Experience